• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrbill501

mrbill501

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 12:00 PM

I just received the mySKY and finished reading the manual. On pg. 7 under CONNECTION it states that a connection can be made to a PC. My question is what kind of cable whould I need ? The connector on the mySKY is a 4 pin Phone type connector and my laptop is an XP with only USB. (No RS-232). Also if I were to connect it to a PC, what can I do ? Would I be able to interact with Autostar more than just updating
Bill

#2 KI6IWX

KI6IWX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:06 AM

As of yet I have not heard of anyone connecting directly to a PC. I'm just curious why you would want to? I don't think any of the PC programs would tell you any more than the MySky can.
I have made the connection to my LX200 and pointed the scope using the MySky - that does work.

#3 Pepe2000

Pepe2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:31 PM

How did you connect Mysky to the scope? I have the Meade cable set buy I have not been able to make it work with my autostar

#4 KI6IWX

KI6IWX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

I made my cable before Meade made them available. I took a phone handset cable and crimped a 6 pin jack to one end using the center pins of the connector. Small 4 pin connector goes to the MySky and the 6 pin connector goes to the RS232 jack on the LX200 front panel. Thats it - hit GOTO on the Mysky and the scope will go to that spot as long as the scope has been properly aligned beforehand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users