Code of Conduct for Meade 4M Community Forums:
1. This group is open to anyone interested in astronomy, without prejudice of previous experience or equipment used. While the main topics of discussion should be centered around astronomy and the Meade 4M community that has been created, many products and applications including; telescopes, cameras, mounts, filters, and imaging etc., will not only be allowed, but necessary as they are relevant to our hobby.
2. The Meade 4M Forums are not portals to Meade Instruments’ Sales, Marketing, or Customer Service departments. For questions to or service from Meade, please call (949) 451-1450 or visit www.meade.com/support.
3. Our goal is to learn and share with other members of the Meade 4M Community in the hope of advancement for all. If you wish to be helpful or provide a source of encouragement, please do so. It is better to push someone up the ladder of success than to stand on their head to elevate yourself. There are members here who are new to astronomy, so please speak in a way that can be understood by all.
4. The rules are simple. Think before you post a message or reply. It should go without saying that flaming, badmouthing or profanity will result in immediate action. Slanderous criticism of people, organizations, companies, or products will not be tolerated. Evaluation in the interest of comparison is allowed if in a helpful, constructive manner. Remember, there is a fine line between reason and slander.
5. The responsibility of the moderators is to keep things in order. The responsibility of the individual member is to keep them from having to. If something goes wrong, remember - we do have jobs and are sometimes slow to respond. If anyone decides to display undesirable actions, the individual will receive a warning. If the problem persists, their posts will be moderated. If all else has failed, they will be removed from the group. These unfortunate actions would be to preserve the integrity of the group.
6. Be aware of sensitive topics, and no posts of a political nature. Topics like global warming, taxes, religion, politics or lifestyles could be considered "hot button" topics depending on their content and perceived intent. This is a judgment call the moderators of the forum will make. Please exercise your best judgment before posting.
The Moderators of the Meade 4M Community Forums
Meade 4M Community Forum Code of Conduct
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users