Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:51 PM

???
Rumor they are discontinuing CAK.

#2 Guest_rtanton_*

Guest_rtanton_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:18 AM

Hi kanders2,

Yes, great product but a very small market.  With Meade/Coronado current financial problems they need to focus on those products with the greatest ROI.

Russ

#3 daniela

daniela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 01:41 PM

Does anyone have any official words on future plans of Meade for the Coronado solar line? It does not appear there is much space for R&D, given that an entire existing product line has been cut down (and, those investment had been invested long since; and return won't obviously return, if production is halted). Should the sun-lovers out here, that for whatever reasons prefer non-thermostated filters, look for alternatives to the EXCELLENT and patented technology of Coronado? Or should we expect that after some reorganization, coronado is sold and production of ca-k - and r&d on new exciting products - starts again? I would like to hear both the musings of my fellow customers, and if possible, a few words from a Meade rep. Thanks y'all.

#4 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England and Wales

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:37 PM

I think it would be a shame if its discontinued. At the moment, I don't see any serious competition in the CaK market.

#5 daniela

daniela

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:20 AM

http://tech.groups.y...roup/luntsolar/

#6 redvis

redvis

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

would have loved to get my hands on a standalone CaK filter, but alas no such luck.  still, that little CaK PST gives some great views! :)

cameran
Meade 4M Solar Advisor

Posted Image

#7 Fish Cat Fish Dog

Fish Cat Fish Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 02:44 PM

According to their latest financial reports they claim it will take a few years to get their house in order.  So moving manufacturing to Mexico is not going to be a quick fix.  It make sense to cut SKU numbers.  Hopefully this will help create opportunities for other companies.

Are the Coronado products Hecho en Mexico?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)