5 replies to this topic

#1 akhnaton

akhnaton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

The drizzle option works perfectly well when two fairly bright stars are in the field. But when two faint stars are chosen, the pointers lose the objects very quickly and imaging becomes impossible.

Is there a way for drizzling when there are no bright objects around ?

Ishak B.
Ishak Benbanaste
Tekirdag - Turkey
LX200GPS - 14"

#2 E2Pilot

E2Pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

This can be a bit tough if the stars are too dim for the software and it loses them.  Once thing youmight want to do is save all your images without using drizzle and then use drizzle with various contrast seetings later in post processing.  I have an article on it here:  http://hamiltonastro...zzle_Part_2.pdf.  This will walk you hru the post process use of Drizzle and might help a bit.
Stephen P Hamilton
King George Observatory
King George, VA

#3 lambertr

lambertr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 07:41 PM

Hi Steve,

I've read your drizzle tutorials and they have been extremely helpful. I just have a few questions.
I've been using drizzle during my image captures and I was thinking about trying to use it instead for post-processing.

Do you prefer the post-processing method over using Drizzle during image capture?

If I choose to use Drizzle for post-processing, should I use Deep Sky for the image process method?
If so, do I still select two stars for tracking? I noticed when I select a star with Deep Sky, the window displays: " In drizzle you can draw another box for de-rotation".

Thanks so much,

Bob

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

Bob

I've read your drizzle tutorials and they have been extremely helpful. I just have a few questions.
I've been using drizzle during my image captures and I was thinking about trying to use it instead for post-processing.

Do you prefer the post-processing method over using Drizzle during image capture?

____I think you gain more control using drizzel during post processing_____

If I choose to use Drizzle for post-processing, should I use Deep Sky for the image process method?

___No use drizzel mose and box 2 stars  You can set resolution to 1.5 or higher ans keep extended view set to default  also keep pixel fraction close to default unless you have many images to stack___________

If so, do I still select two stars for tracking? I noticed when I select a star with Deep Sky, the window displays: " In drizzle you can draw another box for de-rotation".

____still box your 2 stars for the best possible  alignment in the stack__________

Regards

Maek

Thanks so much,
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#5 lambertr

lambertr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the fast reply!

My extended view defaults to 1.2 Is this correct?
I've been bringing it down to 1.0

Thanks again!

- Bob

#6 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 03:29 PM

Defaults on all should be 1.0
You are doing it correctly to set it to 1.0

Regards