• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wxguy

wxguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 04:36 PM

Thought I would try shooting Jupiter with the RGB filters using the DSI Pro. Came out reasonably well. I was too slow changing filters and got some rotation error in the colors. The atmosphere was relatively dry so it came through with pretty good contrast.

cpc1100 with 2x barlow. f20 at 5600mm. Individual frames stacked in Registax.

[attachment deleted by admin]

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:19 PM

Nicely done.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 wxguy

wxguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 05:00 PM

Thanks Mark
I"m jumpstarting experience with this new dsi pro by reading everything I can from other users> your website was very helpful>

Allen

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 24 September 2007 - 07:23 PM

Im glad you found my site helpful.
Looking forward to your next image.

Regards

Mark
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#5 gallileo

gallileo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:56 AM

it's a good job ;)
i like colours very soft!
i think you must work on the focusing in order to show more fine details ;)
how much images do you compil ?
i have an lpi and for me a good images must have 300images compilated and it is a minimum for me.

my image of jupiter is a compilation of 394 images at 99% of quality

good job again ???

#6 akjudge

akjudge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:48 AM

Gallileo,

Quick question, regarding your 300+ images at 99% quality:

How many initial images (evaluation count) do you take to set the quality?  Do you use the default number (10) or something else.

I would guess that the higher the number of the evaluation count (within reason), the better the baseline is for determining the quality?

Or am I wrong...  Anyone can chime in if they know.

Thanks, Jim

#7 gallileo

gallileo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 12:02 AM

hi jim,

i'm going to explain how i take a planetary image with my lpi (it's my method but it can be the wrong way):

in first time ,i verify my collimation (i don't know if it's the good word:alignement of mirrors) because if the alignement it's not perfect,you lose a lot of details on your image.When its done i work hard on the focusing ,time of exposure,gain and off set in order to have the best initial image.

then,i choose "jupiter",align and combine,a kelener filter(medium in general and apply  every images),evluation count :every images (1..like that the lpi analyse each image to see if they have 99% of quality) and i set quality on 99%.(so every images under 99% of quality : erased)

i draw my box around jupiter and let's go i push start.

of course,lpi erase a lot of initial images and compil a few of them...but the result it's better!
for my jupter,there 's 394 images compilated but 500 erase because they haven't 99% of quality!
time of acquisition:30 minutes

in planetary ,you must compil the best images to have the best result.....i 'm a little player in planetary.....some friends in france compil 1500 images from 5000 initial images....ok the result is better.

i wait your futur images  ???

#8 wxguy

wxguy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:12 AM

i think you must work on the focusing in order to show more fine details ;)
how much images do you compil ?
i have an lpi and for me a good images must have 300images compilated and it is a minimum for me.

good job again ???

On this one I did spend some extra effort at getting a good focus, but the processing was done in Registax. About 150 Luminance, and 50-60 RGB each.  I've tried to use Envisage to combine but it doesn't work for me on Planetary or Lunar.  Way too soft. Wavelets in Registax brings out the detail.

I captured each image and saved on disk, then post processed. Expert imagers in our club say accurate collimation is absolutely necessary for good planetary images. They tell me mine looks pretty good.

clear skies,
Al

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users