Photo

LXD75 mount with Autostar under PC control ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rick60

Rick60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

Hi All;
I am considering using a Windows PC with XP Pro to control an LXD75 mount with AutoStar installed by using Starry Night Pro 5 and ASCOM telescope drivers installed.

My question is which Meade Driver should I choose from the list below to allow the LXD75 Autostar mount to function properly using the above mentioned PC.
The drivers shown in the ASCOM plugin are:

1.) Generic LX200 type scopes - driver version 4.0.2
2.) Meade LX200 and AutoStar - driver version 4.1.1
3.) Meade Telescope and Focuser - driver version 4.1.0

These are the three choices that look to be appropriate, but which one of the three would work with the LXD75 mount with AutoStar #497 controller ;D
I don't currently have an electronic focuser BUT MAY consider it in the future, again which focuser would work with the Meade SC8-AT Cat. scope also ???

Rick

#2 Guest_rtanton_*

Guest_rtanton_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

Rick,

I have used LX200 & AutoStar.  Meade makes an electronic focuser which works ith their SCTs.  In addition to electronic focusers you might also look into some of the high end two speed manual focusers (i.e. Feathertouch); I have seen these installed by Starizona and they are a nice addition.

Russ

#3 Rick60

Rick60

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 04:32 PM

Hi Russ;

Actually I haven't recieved the LXD75 SC8-AT,,, YET , It's "Preordered" and the distributor hasn't taken delivery , I recieved a notice from them that it will be 7 to 10 days before they get their next shipment in , soooo I'm playing the waiting game here and I'm trying to cover some of my questions while I wait, ha haa. ;D

I did go to: ascom-standards.org  and just to make sure I had the latest ASCOM suite I downloaded their latest version (4.1) and installed it. and now the meade drivers are  4.1.14 , so I'm getting a bit more info on the subject now.

Thanks for your input, I'll check out the focusers too...

Rick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users