#1 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England and Wales

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:04 PM

MoonApril11th_2022 | There was some haze around but I snappe… | FlickrMoonApril11th_2022.JPG

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2960 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 14 April 2022 - 05:32 PM

Thanks, Phillip! :)

I was able to get out and look at the Moon a little bit last night.  I was trying out an 80mm f/11.4 Celestron Power Seeker Optical tube I found on eBay that was still wrapped up in its original wrappings and box, unopened....just bare bones with no diagonal, finder, etc.  The image looked pretty good, but not like some really high end scope.

I then went to Arcturus to do a star test and the result was way off from what I thought it would be.  I am thinking the flint lens was installed backwards.  I can hopefully get it turned around again tonight.  However, no viewing....clouds.

I have my Meade Infinity 80 f/5, an Explore Scientific 80 f/8, and this new 80mm f/11.4 that I want to use side by side and figure out what each can do, compared to the others.  Sort of come up with a list of strengths and limitations of each to help people decide which focal ratio will meet their needs.

• Philip Pugh likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Philip Pugh

Philip Pugh

Sir Philip Pugh, AKA Astrochav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationBased in South West England and Wales

Posted 15 April 2022 - 03:32 AM

Thanks, Phillip! :)

I was able to get out and look at the Moon a little bit last night.  I was trying out an 80mm f/11.4 Celestron Power Seeker Optical tube I found on eBay that was still wrapped up in its original wrappings and box, unopened....just bare bones with no diagonal, finder, etc.  The image looked pretty good, but not like some really high end scope.

I then went to Arcturus to do a star test and the result was way off from what I thought it would be.  I am thinking the flint lens was installed backwards.  I can hopefully get it turned around again tonight.  However, no viewing....clouds.

I have my Meade Infinity 80 f/5, an Explore Scientific 80 f/8, and this new 80mm f/11.4 that I want to use side by side and figure out what each can do, compared to the others.  Sort of come up with a list of strengths and limitations of each to help people decide which focal ratio will meet their needs.

I would try some photos through each 'scope.

• MistrBadgr likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users