No replies to this topic

#1 jt_3232

jt_3232

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:49 PM

Hello all,

I am looking to defork an RCX400 which is on a specially made pier mount made for our latitude. 

I am hoping to replace the pier with a different one and place the assembly on an iOptron CEM120 mount. It has a payload capacity of 115lbs which I believe will be more than enough for the RCX400 16" OTA, a feathertouch focuser, a Meade Series 5000 ED80 guide scope, and a camera (feel free to check my math).

I was curious about how feasible you all think this will be. I am hoping to make this scope be able to accurately guide to take long-exposure astrophotography (5-minute images or longer) and possibly variable star research. I want this scope to be very easy for anyone to learn on and fall in love with the hobby.

I am not with the scope, it is 70 miles away currently. How do I attach a dovetail to it? I recall there being one to hold the guide scope, but not any other ones. It has been a while since I've seen this scope.

How does focusing work? It is currently an electric focuser, that you focus with the Autostar II handbox. Although I have an external one, I use both to be able to easily focus between eyepiece and camera settings.

Thanks guys! I am very new and hope to not break anything or waste money.

JT

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2960 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 25 June 2020 - 03:58 PM

Hi JT!

I don't think I can help you with this project, considering that I have never actually laid eyes on an RCX400.  I will, however, be watching to see if you get a response.

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2960 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:31 PM

Hi JT,

Apparently, nobody with information for you has seen your post.  Have you found information from any other source to help you?

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users