No replies to this topic

#1 Demo80

Demo80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:50 AM

Hi guys, like most i have always found the sky amazing. Several years ago i got a gift, a meade polaris 114. I used it once not knowing the first thing about it, looked around then put it back inside. Life happend....moved houses, work picked up.....so off to the side it went. I pulled it out yesterday and cleaned it all up, it was pretty dusty. Cleanwd the mirror and read the manual and made adjustments. Pretty exited to use it again.... and cloud cover lol dang! Anyways im looking for advice with this peticular scope, modifications, add ons, books, general stuff. Thanks for having me on the forum.

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:29 PM

Hi Demo!

Welcome to the forum!

I have one of the modern Polaris 114 scopes myself.  If yours has a blue tube, then I think you have the same one that I have.  It is a nice scope and I think you will have a lot of fun with it.

I think you will find that a new scope is a real cloud magnet. :)

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Demo80

Demo80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:23 PM

I took it out tonight, played around a bit, not too long becouse it was late...but this thing is so jiggly. Any advice to stiffen things up? Its like i breath on it and it moves. One one of the adjusment knobs there is a adjusting bolt that has a spring in it, me being me i messed with it but when i tightened it some slop went away but i lost a ton of adjustment. What is this for. I appriciate the help, i really want to get into this hobby and im very intrested in it but i have so much to learn! One other thing, i got a star map app but i read on here most of you guys use a map, is a map the way to go vs. An app?

#4 Demo80

Demo80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 30 September 2019 - 07:26 PM

And yes Bill mine has a blue tube.
  • Demo80 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users