No replies to this topic

#1 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:31 AM

The GPS Problem has been fixed and updates are available.  Here is the message I just received:

Quote,

I wanted to reach out and let you know that we have a solution for the GPS rollover issue.

All the information can be found on this page https://www.meade.com/support/ if you scroll down the page a bit you will see it. Would you mind passing along this information to anyone who has a question on the 4M?

If you have any questions, please do let me know! Thanks Bill!

Unquote.

I tried the link and scrolled down to the bottom area of the page and all the information is there for the various versions of AutoStar.  The new AutoStar Updater 6.1 is set up to download the software with the fixes for  the various versions.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:06 PM

The last update that I know about is for AutoStar III, which is the LS units.  It seems to be the older units with the problem as some of the people with newer units have reported that they work ok.  The update for the LS units affected is forthcoming.  Here is the information I received for circumventing the GPS process:

"The customer can enter the date/time/location manually by pressing the MODE key when the telescope starts looking for GPS. This will happen shortly after the telescope boots up and before any night sky alignment takes place. They can also turn off the search for GPS in the SETUP/PREFERENCES menu."

Hope this helps,

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users