Photo

GPS Rollover bug: Patch now available for affected LX600 (not 16"). Thank you Andrew Johansen.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 moxxyman

moxxyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:29 AM

The patch for those LX600 telescopes which have been affected by the GPS Rollover is now available on Starpatch website. 

For some reason, the Starpatch program would not download the files for the LX600, so I downloaded manually and placed the spf and rom files in the starpatch directory.

Procedure:

Download the files PatchLX600_1.1gv02.spf and LX600.rom to the starpatch installation directory. Select LX600 handset from the Options menu.

Select the spf file.

Check the "Fix GPS Rollover bug"

Click on "Update Handset".

The update takes about 13 minutes. On completion, the handset will reboot. Enable GPS fixing at startup function and park. Cycle the power switch.

My telescope now reports the correct date following application of the patch.
Many thanks Andrew Johansen and Chris Carson for your work and your dedication in the production of this patch.

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 22 April 2019 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the update!  I was looking up your last post before calling Meade.  Glad to know you have a fix! :)

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 moxxyman

moxxyman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

Thanks for the update!  I was looking up your last post before calling Meade.  Glad to know you have a fix! :)

Bill

It's all down to the efforts of Andrew Johansen and Chris Carson (and probably in no small part to Dick Seymour too).
If there was an award for services to the Meade community, they would certainly be prime recipients.
Thank goodness we have them to clean up Meade's mess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users