#1 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 13 April 2019 - 03:46 PM

Since I am writing about a non Meade piece of equipment I figured I would do so here, anyway my kids gave me a gift of a Celestron Power Tank Pro which failed right out of the box and I had to return to Celestron. Well it’s replacement arrived yesterday and after charging it, it to failed as well with the same problem. All total the return and replacement process took over 10 days and now it looks like it might be another 10 days. Where is the quality control anymore?? You would think that on a replacement they would insure the replacement unit worked before shipping....

You may want to consider a different power supply other than a Power Tank Pro...

#2 Stratocaster

Stratocaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:07 AM

I went through 3 or 4 PowerTanks in the past, even if they work out of the box they rarely last a year.  And that's with being careful to recharge them each month if I don't use them.

Anyway, I purchased a 12v battery from Kendrick--www.kendrickastro.com-- (2080--12v 18AH battery with .750 amp battery charger and padded carry bag)

and it's never failed me, a few years on and still going great.  

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2958 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for that good information!

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#4 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

Well I am on my 3rd power tank pro and it doesn’t work either.. I told them I wanted a refund.

RickScofield

#5 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:09 PM

Sorry for delayed follow up. Celestron is telling me that the PowerTank Pro is looking for a voltage draw and if it doesn’t sense a voltage draw the PowerTank Pro will shut down. I tested this using my LX200 in tracking mode and after about 30 minutes of tracking the PowerTank Pro shut down and also brought the LX200 down as well. I am awaiting a refund still.

Clear Sky’s ,
RickScofield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users