#1 Cezar

Cezar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 10 March 2019 - 06:38 AM

Hi,

Until now, I have powered my LT with an external power source. At the beginning, I also use it with internal batteries once or twice with no problems. For external battery I have a power plug that I keep it inserted in the AC adapter all the time. Recently, I have made a custom 18650 Li-ion battery that is to be used inside the telescope, instead of the internal battery pack (which I have removed). What I have found is that the switch has a spring inside that turns the internal batteries OFF if a separate power supply is connected. That spring no longer works (I have discovered that by inserting a thin plastic needle inside the AC adapter and been able to power ON via internal batteries).

My question is, can the switch be replaced/repaired somehow? Or maybe the entire front panel can be replaced (I believe it is the same as LX90 front panel)?

Power panel LT.jpg

Thanks,
Cezar

Meade LT-8

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:54 AM

Hi Cezar,

Here is a reply I received from Meade.  The picture of the part does not look the same to me, but that may be cosmetics and not anything important.

Hope this helps!

Bill Steen

Hello Mr. Steen,

Thank you for your email and the opportunity to assist you.

We do have the Power panel available for the LX-90 telescope if that is what the customer is looking for.  We also repair some telescopes however, he can call our Customer Service and we’ll let him know which model we repair.

https://www.meade.co...l.html?___SID=U

Again, thank you for contacting Meade Customer service.

Luis Sanchez

Customer Service support

Phone (949) 451-6232 ext. 6232
www.meade.com

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Cezar

Cezar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationBucharest, Romania

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:11 AM

Hi Bill,

Thank you for asking Meade. I have called Meade customer support and they confirmed that the power panel from LX90 will work with LT-8. I just have to decide if I will keep the current functionality (only external power source works) or I will change the power panel with a new one.

Cezar

Meade LT-8

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2957 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

Hi Cezar,

I am glad there is a backup part for your scope.  This way, you have options.

Best Regards,

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users