• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2018 - 07:55 PM

I am going nuts trying to figure out why I keep getting this error message when running Autostar update.

I’m running Windows 7 Home on an Alienware M17 R4. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Autostar, looked online for various fixes for the C++ error message but nothing seems to work.

This is the error message that I am getting.

Attached Thumbnails

• C8F8C1B0-022C-4B09-9545-1AEFC768A338.jpeg

Mike
“Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines” - Enzo Ferrari
Meade LX-850
Meade 130mm 6000 APO
LPI-G Advanced

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2954 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 03 April 2018 - 04:41 AM

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think I can personally help you with the problem, but maybe some of the others on the forum can.  If not, you might try Meade Customer Support at 1-800-626-3233 (USA Only) or email them at customerservice@meade.com.  That email address does not show up on the Meade site contact page, but I believe it is still valid.

Hope this helps!

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 11:29 AM

Thank Bill. I contacted Meade and it appears that I currently have the most recent drivers so there is really no need for me to update Autostar at this time, so I am not too worried about it.

However, I am having one other issue that is driving me crazy. It doesn’t matter which software program I try to use with my telescope (Starry Night 7, Stallarium, etc...) when I try and choose the universal Ascom Meade driver from the pull-down elevator I always get this message when I click on the properties to set up the scope.

I’ve downloaded the latest Ascom 6.3 platform, uninstalled it, reinstalled it and yet I still get the same message. I’ve even gone to Ascom‘s website and downloaded Ralphs driver that is listed for the Meade LX 850 and still no-go.

Thanks again for any assistance you can offer.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• BA4A9F6C-6AFB-4566-8C6E-8DE4E12369BD.jpeg
  • 0939051B-C3F1-480F-9851-EC24800E37CB.jpeg

Mike
Meade LX-850
Meade 130mm 6000 APO
LPI-G Advanced

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2954 posts

Posted 04 April 2018 - 01:35 PM

Hi Mike!

As with the last issue, this one is outside of my personal universe of manual scopes.  The Meade Customer Service people may have some ideas if it is software that they handle.  Anyone else reading this have any suggestions?

Bill Steen

#5 Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 07:07 AM

Hi Bill,

Quick update.....

Looks like I finally fixed the issue!!!!! The error appears to be caused by Windows 7 security. When I moved the UAC settings elevator slider down to the “Never Notify” position (shown with the red arrow), the laptop reboots, after which you can run the setup programs of any of the software packakges (I tried it with Autostar Suite 6, Starry Night 7 and Stallarium 0.18) and the Ascom driver error notification goes away and you can now configure the scope/mount with the “Universal Meade Telescope” driver. When you select the driver and click “Properties”, if now pops up with a dialog box to select the Comm Port.

Mike

Attached Thumbnails

• 6035F433-8851-44F9-AEFC-C4EABD3DD1CA.jpeg

Mike
Meade LX-850
Meade 130mm 6000 APO
LPI-G Advanced

#6 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2954 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 10:24 AM

Thanks, Mike!

Thanks for the update.  This information will be good to have on the forum for other people that experience this problem. :)

Now that you are past the problem, have some fun!   (Psst!  Let us know about your adventures! ;))

Bill

• RickScofield likes this

#7 Jalpa_Mike

Jalpa_Mike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:00 PM

Thanks, Mike!

Thanks for the update. This information will be good to have on the forum for other people that experience this problem. :)

Now that you are past the problem, have some fun! (Psst! Let us know about your adventures! ;))

Bill

Will do!

Here is the new baby set up and ready to go. Although I do need to purchase one of the JMI wheel dolly’s. This thing weighs like 260 pounds! Way more than I can lift to get it outside!

Attached Thumbnails

• FC7B7BFC-1A4B-4BA7-9F6A-22D62C44A61F.jpeg

Mike
Meade LX-850
Meade 130mm 6000 APO
LPI-G Advanced

#8 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2954 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for the picture!  That is a really nice rig! :) 

Yes, at 260 lbs, you need some kind of wheels for it.  Maybe a set with a motor and steering wheel!

When you start imaging, don't hesitate to post them here.  There are several people on here that really enjoy imaging and what others are doing.

Best Regards,

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users