4 replies to this topic

#1 Kruegon

Kruegon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:33 AM

My wife has started to take her love of photography and transfer it over to our astronomy. She's the camera person, I'm the astronomy equipment person. I picked up some Camera Projection Lens eyepieces, at an awesome discount, for her. They thread directly into a T adapter and have a 1.25" barrel.

Has anyone ever used these? We haven't had a chance to play with them just yet. I'm wondering what we should expect.
  • Kruegon likes this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2955 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:44 AM

I have not heard of them, myself, but would like to hear about what you experience with them or the experience of others.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Kruegon

Kruegon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:19 AM

Sorry. I had to correct an autocorrect typo. They are Camera Projection Lens eyepieces.

#4 Kruegon

Kruegon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 03:19 PM

Here's a link to the CPL eyepieces. As far as I can tell, it's half way between using a barlow and just lining the camera up over the eyepiece like with smartphones.

https://agenaastro.c...n-eyepiece.html

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2955 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:43 PM

Interesting!  I think Meade has a gizmo that you can stick a regular eyepiece into and get a similar effect.  However, using a T adapter to mount the eyepiece directly to the camera sounds like a good idea.

I think your concern about camera weight is quite valid.  I think some sort of small camera that could use a T adapter would be better.

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users