#1 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationKillen, Alabama, USA

Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:13 PM

Astrophotography is certainly an evoloutionary endeaver. You read up on everything you can and just when you thought that you knew enough to develop a halfway decent photo, BAM!  You learn something by watching someone else which changes your whole approach and makes you want to go back and reprocess all your old pics!  Here's an example of what I'm talking about.  Two pics from the same stack but processed differently.

Steve

P.S.  Still having a blast!

Attached Thumbnails

• M51 4-27-17.JPG
  • M51 4-27-17a.jpg

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2828 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Thanks, Steve!  Yes, I can tell that you are still having a Blast!:)

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

Steve,
Did you happen to read the article in Sky and Telescope 2 or 3 months ago about how folks are miss using Photo Shop to enhance photos and doctoring them up? I am not inferring that your doing that with your photos but just curious about your take on that and maybe others?

Thank you for sharing your photos,
RickScofield

#4 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationKillen, Alabama, USA

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

Yes I saw that article and I liked it.  If you have seen the Jan issue of S&T there is a response from a photographer who's photo was referred to in that article as an example of plagiarism.  What I hate is pics that are photo shopped and put out on the internet as pics from the Hubble.  One in particular has to do with a gate among the stars and implying NASA has no explanation for it.  I've had FB friends to send that to me believing it was real!  I usually responded by sending them my photo shopped pic of the Starship Enterprise and Crab Nebula. :D

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• Crab Nebula 1-24-17 2.jpg

• RickScofield likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users