1 reply to this topic

#1 skephart

skephart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

I've got a 16" RCX400 on order, and have a couple of questions:
1. Is the fan on the scope filtered in any way?
2. Does the fan pull air from the front of the scope through the scope, exiting the fan, or does it pull air through the fan, pushing it through the front of the scope?

The reason I ask is that I am trying to figure out if there is any chance for the gnats that seem to swarm around my property to be sucked into the scope. (I'm also in kind of a sandy area, so dust is an issue too, although I'm not so worried about dust.) It seems that I get really staggering numbers of these tiny gnats - I find piles of them under the lights on my property. Now one or two of these getting sucked into my scope wouldn't be a big issue, really. But I am worried a little because I never see just one or two of these things - it's usually hundreds of them. (No exaggeration.)

Usually I wouldn't worry about something like this - but over the past few weekends I've found myself cleaning up lots of little piles of these things (they die in vast numbers) and so the possibility of them entering the scope seems very real. (The darn things get into everything.)

#2 Guest_rtanton_*

Guest_rtanton_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

I've got a 16" RCX400 on order, and have a couple of questions:
1. Is the fan on the scope filtered in any way?
2. Does the fan pull air from the front of the scope through the scope, exiting the fan, or does it pull air through the fan, pushing it through the front of the scope?

1.  It is somewhat filtered, but by only a piece of foam...not a fine filter.
2.  Air is pulled in through the fan and pushed toward the front (between the outer carbon fiber/kevlar tube and the inner kydex).

Russ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users