• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mguice

mguice

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:00 PM

Refreshing comets in the handbox tonight.   I pull up Autostar update, switch to MySky and update the comets from the WWW. No issues.  Switch to Handset and click connect.  After a long wait I get two message boxes. The first one says AutoStar found on Com3. That's good. The second box says Handle is Invalid.  Click okay about 10 times on the Handle is invalid and it tells me to check my cable.  

Next time around I click okay on the Handle Invalid box first and then click on the Com 3 box. I get an Autostar error saying that it is downloading.

This all worked wonderfully last time in January.

Specifics

Windows 10 on a laptop
Prolific USB to Com Port (Comm 3) Installed and shows no issues in device manager
Cable checked by disconnect and reseat (it is brand new). Plus restart from off on both LX200 and Computer
Connected to a USB 2 Port 

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2763 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:01 PM

Hello mguice,

You might try reloading the driver from www.meade.com.  It may have gotten messed up in a Windows 10 update.

If you are getting updates for your MySky from somewhere else than Meade, please post the address.  I have been told that MySky has not been sold by Meade for close to a decade and updates are not available through Meade.

Also, if an update of the driver does not work, try a different computer if you have one available.

With that said, most of the issues that I have heard about have something to do with the USB to comm port converter.

I speak about this subject while standing in a vast field of ignorance, so consider it appropriately.  But, I do hope it helps.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users