4 replies to this topic

#1 donald

donald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

I saw an etx90 for sale at a very low price 2 days ago,I called on it and spoke to a lady and when I asked why she was selling it so cheap she said she just wanted to get rid of it. While I spoke with her I seemed to detect a bit of hopelessnes and sorrow in her voice.I went to pick it up(NY) at her boyfriends business and upon speaking to him, found out she has a optic desease and now sees like dots and it is (so far ) incurable.I've come here to ask that you do for her whatever you can and ask that she be healed or a cure be found. I thank you all and hope that with your help  a good thing will happen with her. Stupid me I forgot to tell you her name is Sue Sparrow. Sorry about that. ;)  Thank You from my heart.  Don 

• MistrBadgr and RickScofield like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:39 AM

Thanks, Don.

I will be happy to do so.

I often forget what a blessing my eyesight is, even when I get frustrated with its limitations.

Bill

• donald and RickScofield like this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 donald

donald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

Thanks, Don.

I will be happy to do so.

I often forget what a blessing my eyesight is, even when I get frustrated with its limitations.

Bill

I believe the spirit of people is a mighty force. Thanks

#4 E Sully

E Sully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:06 PM

I do hope that all works out for her, and that she overcomes this in time.

It reminds me of when I experienced floaters and flashes in my left eye.  It scared the heck out of me. 

I rushed to the Ophthalmologist.  My vision was a mess for a while, but the Doctor assured me that it can become less noticeable, that the brain compensates to a degree as long as it is not due to a retinal tear. 

#5 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

Don,Bill,
I think it's human nature to take things like eyesight for granted until something happens. I agree with Bill that eyesight is a gift from the All Mighty and we should appreciate and cherish it. With astronomy, having it is a must and I am thankful for the gift of sight.
RickScofield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users