Older Meade software where is it

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jlbdarksky_*

Guest_jlbdarksky_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

I have the Meade AutoStar Suite on my laptop that I use in the field.  The OS is Windows 10 and everything is working.  I tried to install the software on my new desktop (Windows 10) and cannot get the Meade DSI's to be recognized.  Telescopes connect fine and the other programs open that came in the suite but the DSI's will not come on.  Tried reinstalling using Windows XP version 2 and still problem with the DSI.  Went to Meade's web site and could not find how to download software.  

Even Nebulosity4 will not recognize the DSI's on the desktop computer. 

Anyone know what the problem is?

Anyone know where I can download updated software for my Meade telescopes.  Meade's site seems to list the software but I could not figure out how to download.  The site kept coming up with a box for messaging.  

I guess I can still update the AutoStar handsets and my GoTo scopes.  I did it several months back using my laptop.

Telescopes are LX200GPS purchased in maybe 2000 and a Telestar DS114 pruchase in maybe 1998.

Thanks for any help.

#2 E Sully

E Sully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:29 AM

I went through the same thing.  Meades new site never seems to actually lead you to the software download.

I used an internet search and it brought me to this old web page.

http://www.meade.com.../downloads.html

#3 Guest_jlbdarksky_*

Guest_jlbdarksky_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2017 - 08:48 AM

Thanks for the response.  

I finally did find that site last night.  I downloaded to my hard drive all the related software I needed.  I saved it to a folder so I do not have to search ever again.  Older software seems to disappear from the web after about 7-years.  I installed and now the DSI works.  I actually have the same software versions as my laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users