#1 nemesis81

nemesis81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationLas Cruces, NM

Posted 05 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hi al,

Does anybody know if the MEADE LX200GPS 10" with the 4.2g software actually has two different memory locations one reserved for a Factory PEC and another for user input (normal) PEC tables .  If such a memory block does exist I may have accidentally erased its contents. Some internet posts I have found suggest that it does exist and when you turn off the PEC, using the handset, the scope uses this Factory PEC table. I am unsure what the result would be if this table was erased. Also, does anybody have any idea what the arc-sec peak-to-peak one could expect such a table might be. I have found that one internet post stating that a RC400 could range 50 arc-sec and the LX200 25 arc=sec peak-to-peak. 

Comments and help would be appreciated.

Robert

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2780 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:57 AM

Hi Robert,

I inquired and found out that you cannot wipe out the Factory settings.  You are supposed to be able to reset both the Factory PEC and the rest of the programming.  There may be a reset for most settings and a different reset for the PEC.  However, I am not familiar with the PEC setting reset.  I do not have one of those handsets in front of me, but I am not remembering anything other than a single reset.

You might want to call in to Meade Support or email them.  The email address is customerservice@meade.com and the phone number is (800) 626-3233.

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users