#1 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 11 November 2016 - 06:59 PM

Had some clear weather here last night but it was very cold..I have been tweaking collimation and I think some of these shots are the best I have captured so far with the Neximage5.. The first 2 shots are with the Canon T3I and the rest are with the Neximage5.. Meade LX90 ACF 10"..

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_10979 PS.jpg
  • IMG_11030 PS 22.jpg
  • video0050_g4_ap2577_conv PS2.jpg
  • PS2#!@.jpg
  • video0051_g4_ap2364_conv PS.jpg
  • video0052_g4_ap2658_conv@#!PS 2.jpg
  • video0053_g4_ap2522_conv@#! PS 2.jpg
  • video0054_g4_ap2564_conv@!# PS.jpg
  • video0055_g4_ap2258_conv PS.jpg

• RickScofield and SBacon like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

Those are really nice!  I think you are doing very well with that Neximage.

I have decided to concentrate on the Moon through this largest supermoon.  For a while, it will be a bit tough to view much else in the evening with the moon light on top of light pollution.

Had the Infinity 80 out and had a nice time exploring what I could see with it at high magnification.  I need to stick the LPI-G in it and take some images myself, just for grins. :)

• spiral likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 14 November 2016 - 05:46 PM

Spiral,
I like all your photos, I think your doing a great job. Are you still considering going to an LX 200?
  • spiral likes this

#4 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:42 AM

Spiral,
I like all your photos, I think your doing a great job. Are you still considering going to an LX 200?

No, I believe I'm gonna keep the LX90 for what I purchased it for, which was Visual, Lunar and Planetary imaging..I believe I may get me a GEM mount and another scope for the long exposure..I was pondering de-forking the LX90 also, but I just love using the scope..I have done way more than I ever expected with the LX90 and I like the convenience of the forks..

• RickScofield likes this

#5 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 16 November 2016 - 04:36 PM

Spiral you are one of the best salesman for the LX90 Meade has. I think it's a great scope as well.
  • spiral likes this

#6 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 17 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

Spiral you are one of the best salesman for the LX90 Meade has. I think it's a great scope as well.

LOL..I give credit where credit is due and this scope has just been Awesome to use..Not one problem from it and it has been in very cold temps and never missed a beat..

I have been looking at Meade's APO refractors to put on a GEM for photo needs, but have mercy they are expensive..I have had such good luck with the LX90, I hate to buy another brand scope.. :D

• RickScofield likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users