24 replies to this topic

#21 donald

donald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:03 AM

Forget my last post.I just ran the scope all the way up and the OTA still moves side to side.I'll have to see about correcting this.

#22 donald

donald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 06:34 AM

I got another neoprine washer for the other side(setting circle)that's cone shaped so that it adds to the pressure against the axle and that seems to have stableized the tube.Meantime I ran the scope at low speed ,#1 shows the word guide so I put the speed to #2 with a line level on the tube.It took about 8 minutes but the tube leveled off,HOORAY! and thank you.  Don

#23 donald

donald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

Has anyone had this problem with the axle shafts moving side to side.I have it pretty much corrected with the washers but I would like it to be fixed the correct way.Do I need a new fork?

#24 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2669 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:20 PM

Don,

in the older DS mounts, in the AZ section, there is a post that pushes against the plastic gear frame on one side.  What it does is that it holds the frame in place when the final worm gear pushes around the axis.  If that post is moved out of place, then the whole gear train can shift some.  I have not pulled an ETX mount apart so I don't know what it has in it, but you might look for something that could hold a gear train frame in place but does not quite do that.

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#25 donald

donald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 05:37 AM

Bill thanks for answereing and I sent this info forward now i'll wait to hear from George(repair man).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users