#1 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:23 PM

I'm seriously considering selling my LX90 ACF10" and buying an LX200 ACF10" and a X-Wedge.. I plan to have a roll off roof observatory within the next 2 years and have it mounted permanent on a pier.. In the meantime I will be setting it up in my yard..My question is, how hard is it to put it on the wedge by yourself without any help? With the design of the X-Wedge and the bolt slot at the top, I don't think it would be to bad lifting it and attaching it to the wedge..

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 10:34 AM

Its a non issue IMO.I did it for years and even did it while in a cast from a broken leg.

I have the LX200 R 10 inch on the original meade heavy duty wedge.Pre ultra wedge pre x wedge..

• spiral likes this
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:24 PM

Spiral,
Your 10" lx90 is 50 lbs and a lx200 10" is 65 lbs.
  • spiral likes this

#4 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 11 September 2016 - 04:12 PM

I'm just weighing my options right now, but I'm probably just gonna de-fork what I got. I'm not getting any younger..

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 07:50 PM

Im still unsure wh

y you would want to defork your OTA?

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#6 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:03 AM

Im still unsure wh

y you would want to defork your OTA?

I'm into photography more than I'm into visual right now..The LX90 forks are a little unstable/vibration at times even for visual..My scope on a wedge would be a no go..I think on a really good EQ mount (Atlas Pro AZ/EQ) and auto-guided, it would release this scopes potential..Most of my shots have been 12 second exposures..I have impressed myself with some of the shots I have gotten on the forks..I can't help but think what I could do with 1 to 5 minute exposures or longer with this OTA..At the first of the year I plan on buying an Atlas pro and either a ES102 APO or ES127 APO anyway..If I don't like how the Meade performs, I will just stick it back on the forks and use it strictly for visual, planetary and lunar video..But having that mount, I will at least have to try the Meade out on the mount..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users