#1 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

Ok, 2 things I have noticed..Since my scope is ACF ,the reducer I use is an Antares 6.3 which requires a 82mm spacing..The Moonlite tube is for the regular reducers so my spacing is way off..Around 107mm to the sensor..I noticed a lot of vignetting on my pics recently..The second thing is if you want to use the reducer for visual, with the diagonal and eyepiece, it will not come to focus..I run out of focus travel on the mirror..I really hate to sell it because I really love this thing..If I could use a regular reducer/corrector all would be good I believe..If anyone has any ideas please let me know..

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2780 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:58 PM

With my LS 8, I used a regular 6.3 with no really objectionable problems, but then I was doing all visual.  I also found that I could put an extension piece after the reducer and it seemed to reduce the small amount of coma that was left.  Putting the extension tube after the reducer seemed to change the factor from 0.63 so something around 0.50.

Bill Steen

• spiral likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

With my LS 8, I used a regular 6.3 with no really objectionable problems, but then I was doing all visual.  I also found that I could put an extension piece after the reducer and it seemed to reduce the small amount of coma that was left.  Putting the extension tube after the reducer seemed to change the factor from 0.63 so something around 0.50.

Bill Steen

Yeah, I think I'm gonna do some more experimenting before I jump the gun..I really,really love this focuser..I also ordered the Meade weight balance system today because it is way out of balance now with the Moonlite focuser..It has always been a little out of balance and I'm hoping I might be able to get a little longer exposure with it properly balanced..

• RickScofield likes this

#4 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 12 September 2016 - 08:21 AM

Moonlite is up for sale if anyone is interested..

#5 Stratocaster

Stratocaster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:43 AM

I use an Optec Lepus reducer which fits inside my Moonlite focuser.  No muss, no fuss, works great.  The Lepus is made for Meade's ACF optics, and has 100mm of back focus.

I too love my Moonlite!

stan in Brooklyn

• spiral likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users