#1 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:06 AM

I just received an e-mail from Woodland Hills Camera and Telescope indicating that Meade was going to resume production of the ETX125??

RickScofield

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2953 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:27 AM

Have not heard anything.  However, a large seller like that would be informed first, I would think.  If true, I think it is good news.

• RickScofield likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

I t would be nice if it were and parts became available again.Im in desperate need of a new baffle in mine.

Long story short a mouse chewed through the plastic cover and moved in a few winter ago and chewed the baffle tube up.Ive tried to get a new baffle but have still been unable to.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2953 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 22 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

Well, I think we have the answer.  I just received an advertisement email that said it would be back in October, 2016.

With the results I am having with my LX 70 six inch Mak, I expect the new ETX 125 to be a really nice scope.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#5 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 24 August 2016 - 04:52 PM

Some are not real optimistic about the new ETX 125. Folks around here are saying that Meade is so set on cutting corners and reducing production cost that they can't imagine the new ETX 125 being as good as the original. I have to admit not to many in the group I'm involved with think to highly of Meade because of some bad experience. However they have really been impressed with the performance of my LX 90 12" Go to accuracy and extended tracking.
Anyway I think the jury is probably sill out on thr new ETX 125 and I am optimistic on its quality and performance.
RIckScofield

#6 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

I own and have images and viewed with the ETX 125 and it is a great scope.We will see when the new model comes out and ill even call meade for info on it to see if there has been any quality cuts in it.As Meade is under new management from thre past things may have changed to the good again like it once was.

Mark

PS some images on my site were captured with the ETX 125.Look in the dsi imaging section in galaxy and nebula sections

Astronomy.qteaser.com

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users