4 replies to this topic

#1 Nagash

Nagash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:40 AM

Hi toegther,

while bringing my LX200GPS back to life I found some issues with the zero-shift microfocuser.

First I disasembled the focuser itself and soldered the cables to the motor new, because there was a bad cabling.

Afterwards I checked the function of the motor with apllying some voltage. Everything finde!

While checking the focuser on the mount again, the autostar II just beeps when I select the focus speed and no movement of the microfocuser

I think that the plug inside is the problem. Bad connection???

Does anybody have an idea how to check out the focus port? Are there any known issues?

I tried to apply more pressure to the port and selecting focus speed on the autostar.... still beeping and no possibility to select the speed and check the focus motor.

Is the mount checking for a resistant on the port? I thought on plugging in a normal plug and check if theres an output.

Any ideas and tips are welcome!!!

Kind regards,

Nagash

#2 Marcus Runge

Marcus Runge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUelzen, Germany

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

Check with a power tester for presence of electricity. It might be a cold solder Joint on the board.

#3 Nagash

Nagash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:07 AM

Hi Marcus,

Voltage is present. Also when I use Meade LX200GPS Mini Control v2.13 I can control the focusmotor, but still not with the autostar.

At the moment I have no further idea what the issue is...

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

Have you tried  the battery operated hand controler on the focuser?Have you tried  adjusting focus with the LX200 main hand paddle?

If it works on either 2 and not in the software of autostar id lean to a bad software program or a pad pin on the rs232 port otr a bad rs232 port cable.

Im kind of unclear what you have or have not done yet during your testing process so far.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

I hate when there are no follow ups when one is being helped.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users