#1 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKillen, Alabama, USA

Posted 20 July 2016 - 05:16 AM

After polar aligning my scope, Audiostar displays a message as to how close to the pole the alignment is.  The message only displays for about 3 seconds and then it says alignment successful.  Being a slow reader (aka old fart) I don't always catch what it is displaying and would like to know how close it really is.  Some times it says "Pole alignment <5 degrees" but most times it gives minutes and seconds. Is there a way to go back and look at the alignment data again?

Thanks.

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2953 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 20 July 2016 - 06:26 PM

I just bought a second hand LX 80 mount that is coming with an audiostar handset.  I am going to have to check that out for myself!

If anyone has an answer, don't wait on me....spit it out!

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • LocationKillen, Alabama, USA

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:22 AM

Hey guys, I got this reply from Meade Customer Service:

It isn’t visible afterward at all but also the scope compensates for the irregularity so pointing accuracy won’t be compromised. It is only a starting point to help locate the alignment stars. Careful centering of the stars is the key to good pointing accuracy.

That makes sense because I wasn’t using a hi magnification eyepiece in the beginning but since I started using one pointing accuracy has been better regardless of the pole alignment.

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users