45 replies to this topic

#41 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:28 AM

I have an LS 8" and I get a good alinement and then ask it to go to Mars and it seems that it freezes-up on me and won't move, no matter what I do.  The only thing that works are the 4 move arrows and I can not get to the shutdown.  The only way is just to turn it to off and back on again.  And start over with an alinement and then shutdown right.. Am I just doing something wrong here or is there something else that I could do to get out of this freeze ..  This is a new scope and I am just learning it,  Thanks    B.M  

#42 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:08 AM

Hi Betty,

Was this a one time thing, or does it repeat when you turn the scope back on and try for Mars again?

I doubt that you are doing anything wrong.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#43 gfamily

gfamily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:13 AM

I have an LS 8" and I get a good alinement and then ask it to go to Mars and it seems that it freezes-up on me and won't move, no matter what I do.  The only thing that works are the 4 move arrows and I can not get to the shutdown.  The only way is just to turn it to off and back on again.  And start over with an alinement and then shutdown right.. Am I just doing something wrong here or is there something else that I could do to get out of this freeze ..  This is a new scope and I am just learning it,  Thanks    B.M  

Hi Betty,

You reported problems in September, when you found it was locking up, is this the same sort of problem? Has it ever worked properly? You say you had it repaired, so did it work properly when it came back? 

It sounds as though the problem is general, does it happen when you try to goto the first target after alignment, or does it work for a while before locking up. 

I know it sounds an obvious question, but is the handset cable properly connected at both ends? 

#44 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:15 PM

Good point, gfamily!

Betty, just for assurance,  unplug and plug in the cable several times to make sure the contacts are clean.

If your scope is still under warranty, and this problem repeats, but sure and let them know as soon as you can.

Bill Steen

#45 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:11 PM

Yes it has been doing this every time after the realignment.  I have tried to go to different object and even the tour, witch comes up first after alinement.. A stars life, went OK all though but the next one how far is far I got to the first object and it froze on me.. I've tried the calibration and fine center but that cause a problem  of oscillation back and froth when I went to a star.. so I did a restore default and that straighten it our..  There must be a glitch in the firmware , the mechanic of the scope seem to be ok..  I sure am getting frustrated,  ben out just about every evening till 11-12 at night..  Hope somebody can help..  Betty  

#46 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 10:53 AM

Hi Betty,

I can certainly understand the frustration!  I think the key to your scope issues, at least to trouble shoot the problem, is to get the SD card latched and get the software re-loaded.  Once you get the card latched in with no spring back, turn the scope on and it will take it about twenty minutes to do everything it needs to and come back to you.  If that does not work, then the scope will need to go back in, I think, and let the factory people check it out.

If you can, get someone else with you (I think I remember you stating that you are a member of an astronomy club)and show them what you are running into.  A different set of eyes watching the process might pick up on something.

You at least have my sympathies, if this does not help.

Bill Steen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users