#1 fjhdavid

fjhdavid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:38 AM

Hi,

As the 1.6a fimware is no more available on Meade site, I wrote to custumerservice and they sent me a dropbox link with a new firmware "1.6d".

I just dowloaded it and I am waiting for good weather to test it.

Did you hear about this new firmware? your feedback?

Thanks

François

#2 autostaretx

autostaretx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

No, i have not heard about this update.

What problem is it solving,

and could you please provide the dropbox address?

thank you

--dick seymour

#3 fjhdavid

fjhdavid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 12:31 AM

Here it is;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/awc7fwi7kvbtpgl/LS_1.6d.zip?dl=0

hope you can test it as weather is awfull in France

I dowloaded the firmware in the LS which said "1.6d"; It seems to work as before (GPS acquisition seems good) but I didn't test it to auto-align, targeting and tracking

Update: It seems that my link is not working anymore, but an email to meade customer service should be ok (answer is within 2 hours)

Last things, if you use my link, you will read a negative post from one user but he bought an used telescope...

Meade is also selling sd card with 1.6d included for 20 dollars

#4 fjhdavid

fjhdavid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:45 PM

Hello,

I just had my first clear night with LS6 + firmware 1.6d.
I used a 26 mm eyepiece with a star diagonal 2" (field of view is about 0.9°)

I did about seven auto-alignment during the night

- GPS acquisition is fast and worked every time
- Auto-alignment worked every time but each time the second star was a little bit right and up

If I leave the second star as it is, and if I point targets (almost everywhere in the sky), targets are always in the field of view but sometimes near the edge of the field.
If I center the second star and re-synch on it, then targets will be centered each time!
--> Is it normal?

Tracking is very good. After 30mn, object seems to be at the same place (next time,I will use my DSLR in order to improve measures precision).

Tips: I do not remember if this feature was the same with 1.6a, but I notice that if you disable Auto-align and auto GPS in the setup menu and do a manual GPS acquisition, GPS won't fix! If you leave auto GPS off BUT put auto-align "on" and do a manual GPS acquisition, then GPS will fix!
--> Is it normal?

François

#5 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

It could be that the star the scope is going for is a little bit off compared to the center of the image.  There is a routine for retraining the camera, but I do not remember where it is in the menu or what it is called.  If you can find that routine and at least check out the relationship...recenter the star if needed, it might fix the problem of the object being a little to the right and up.

As far as the rest of what you experienced, I cannot speak to that.  When I had my LS 8, I always used in in full auto and did not have any trouble with GPS, etc.....ever, so I kept doing things that way.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#6 fjhdavid

fjhdavid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:55 AM

Finnally, I removed the star diag and every target is now centered (at least pointing is < 0.25°)

I attached a 30 seconds pict from Arcturus. As you can see, the tracking is almost perfect. I dont know if the small "spread" effect on faint stars is due to a poor collimation or a slight de-focusing?

Thanks

François

Attached Thumbnails

• ARTURUS 30S_LIGHT_30s_100iso_+39c20160624-00h10m11s855ms.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users