#1 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:38 PM

I have installed and been using Stella for about 10 days now with my LX90 12" and getting used to it. Hard to break the habit of grabbing the Autostar controller, but now rather my IPhone or IPad. I have an IPhone 6 and to be honest I find it hard to use it as the screen is so small but then it’s just maybe that I'm not adjusted to it yet. I'll keep working with it. I do find that using my IPad seems better for me. I have included a couple of pictures showing how I used Velcro to mount the Stella WIFI to my folk arm on my  LX90. So far Stella has worked great and opens up the database for objects for GOTO to almost limitless possibilities. If you can see in the Stella application you can slew it. The applications is one of the best I have used and is almost identical to Sky Safari Pro. There are on screen assists for moving the OTA to fine adjust. I have not figured out how to sync it yet but I'm sure there is a way. I really like the freedom of cable less control and the interface that the application affords the telescope for operations. So far I would give this product an A + for ease of setup and operation and the expansion of the database makes this an excellent investment.

Attached Thumbnails

• stella2.JPG
  • stella1.JPG

• Mark Sibole and SBacon like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 09 June 2016 - 11:24 AM

Thanks, Rick!  Looks like a good thing for scopes with brains.  With my LX 70, no brains.....fits my disposition.

Bill Steen

• RickScofield likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 09 June 2016 - 06:52 PM

BIll
the part about your disposition above is so far from the truth....I bet your enjoying that new LX70. I am planning on adding more here about Stella as I go. Enjoy retirement.
RidkScofield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users