#1 FLORIN

FLORIN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:20 AM

Hello everybody,

Since my Meade LS6 ACF suffered a serious damage on the axis and is now back to the seller under the warranty provisions I have opted to buy from Canada for a good price (I leave myself in Europe where prices are higher) a Meade LX80 8'' OTA  (the last non-ACF SCT OTA produced by Meade as far as I know).

I'd like to know which Bob's knobs are appropriate fot this specific OTA. Thank you for any useful information  !

Florin

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2681 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:34 PM

Hi Florin,

I am not sure about the Bob's Knobs for that scope.  Most likely, it is the same for all of the non-ACF of that size.  Best thing to do is ask the people selling them which one you need.

By the way, I have an LX 70 six inch Maksutov Cassegrain OTA that is supposed to arrive tomorrow afternoon!

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 FLORIN

FLORIN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:05 AM

Hello Bill and thank you for your reply. I suppose I have found what I need : http://www.canadiant...ade-8-m8-3.html

Congratulations for the LX70 Maksutov OTA ! I think I am not the only one who expect your first impressions of this telescope. I also enormously regret that the Meade 7" LX-200GPS Maksutov-Cassegrain is no longer produced. What a pity ! An improved version of this would be today such useful instrument for some of us.

All the best !

Florin

#4 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2360 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

Bobs knobs are great and make sdjusting so easy.If you travel with your scope they are a must IMO.But since in perminatly mounted in an OBS I havne used them on any of my scopes but have installed and used them on other scopes.Just follow directions exactly so you dont loose the secondary mirror inside the OTA

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users