#1 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationKillen, Alabama, USA

Posted 02 June 2016 - 09:12 AM

This is my best shot of Mars after hundreds of attempts.  It is no where near the detail of Spiral's but I think it does illustrate the difference in imaging equipment.  This is a single shot with an 8" LX90 using a Canon Rebel T5 DSLR shooting through a 26mm EP and 2x barlow.  It has been cropped and enhanced with Photoshop.  I believe Spiral's is a 10" LX90 with a camera that shoots video and stacks hundreds of frames which is certainly better for planetary imaging.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mars 5 21 16 c.JPG

• spiral likes this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2734 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:01 PM

Just with my visual work, Mars has always been tough.  It seems like it would be relatively easy when it is close.  With a lot of eye-brain training on the object over a couple weeks, more things do show up, but not as much as I would like.  It is still a fun object to go after.

Bill Steen

• SBacon likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:10 PM

This is my best shot of Mars after hundreds of attempts.  It is no where near the detail of Spiral's but I think it does illustrate the difference in imaging equipment.  This is a single shot with an 8" LX90 using a Canon Rebel T5 DSLR shooting through a 26mm EP and 2x barlow.  It has been cropped and enhanced with Photoshop.  I believe Spiral's is a 10" LX90 with a camera that shoots video and stacks hundreds of frames which is certainly better for planetary imaging.

Yep, I use a Neximage5 planetary camera and just the 10"ACF LX90..No barlow or eyepiece..I do 1 minute videos which is around 3400 frames I believe..I usually stack around 70% of the frames..The camera is a budget camera around $100..I really want to get a ZWO camera..Outstanding images from those..They have a higher frame rate than the Neximage5..

• SBacon likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users