• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 geo3geo

geo3geo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:59 AM

I'm thinking of buying an LS 6 but am a little confused about a few details. Can some kind person answer a few questions?

1. I guess the LS camera is not fitted where the eyepiece/imaging camera goes. So how does it get its light?

2. Is the output of the LS camera available externally - video output socket?

3. What happens if the LS encounters an obstruction while slewing? How does it know to stop, or maybe it doesn't (?)

thanks

Geo

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:16 AM

The LS camera is mounted on the bottom of the scope and is an independant camera for wide field imaging for the alignment feature.

Yes there are video out cable connections where you can mioniter what it is seeing on a capable moniter.It uses RCA type connections.

The Camera only searches for the alignment star after the scope completes its initial slew then moves very slowly to center the alignment star before pro ceding to the next alignment star.

The camera will take some crude images but its main purpose is for alignment.This is a do everything scope.It self aligned self levels.You just set the scope up in the direction according to the manual and turn it on.It does everything auto matically for you..

I hope this helps.

If you have any further questions let me know.

I own the 8 inch model along with several other scopes and I always recommend this scope for beginners as is high quality expert optics with goto and a no brainer.

Mark

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 geo3geo

geo3geo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:28 PM

Thanks Mark.

I think what I was trying to find out is how much of the light is taken by the built-in camera. Celestron have a similar Starsense system but this is an external add-on so takes none of the scope's light. I doubt that Meade publishes this percentage loss but some knowledge of how the camera works might enable a guesstimate.

Geo

#4 Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:03 AM

Hi Geo,

there is no light loss, the LS eclips camera got is own lens and it is fully separated from the main optics.

the scope use it to align himself.

Clear Skies

Marco

LS6" Meade microfocuser zero image shift, Optec Pyxis LE De-rotator TS 2" dielectric diagonal Hyperion 2" 72° 36mm  TS 2" 70° 22mm TS 2" Barlow

Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 9mm, Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 4mm, Antares 6.3 focal reducer

Camera Olympus ZX1, EOS 1100D ZWO ASI 120MC

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:40 AM

What Marco has stated.It is an independent camera and in no way interferes with the main tube.It is mounted on the bottom side of the PTA.Imaging adding a dslr on the bottom of the OTA....

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users