Wolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationNiefern, N48°54`31`` E8°47`10`` Germany

Posted 17 March 2016 - 04:59 AM

Hello everyone, especially Marco,

As is known, I'm still working on an optimal equatorial mount for my LS6.
The latest works are still running at stabilizing the wedge for an LX90. Next week everything will be ready and I'll post the first pictures and report.
For later astrophotography I would like to Tracking on PHD2 and a suitable guide tube and guiding camera.
Does anyone know what I need to do to bring a Meade LS6 for PHD2 Guiding?
I know that this is already doing Marco here in the forum. Maybe he can help me, because its location is here in Europe and the world is well known, small and maybe you can meet as.
Thank you, am grateful for any hints.

greetings

Wolfgang

• RickScofield likes this

Clear Skies

Wolfgang

LS6 " Meade Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser, Mark III Hyperion Clickstop Zoom 8-24mm, Canon EOS 1100D, Sony DCS V3, Reducer Antares f / 6.3,

#2 Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:55 AM

]Hi Wolfgang,

Guiding  with PHD2 and the LS6 is not difficult.

the difficult bit is to attach a guide scope to the LS6 that it does not have a suitable attachment, you could try to fit a mini guide scope in the place of the red dot finder, but I do not know if the shoe will fit.

Or you can do like I did and make a construction to piggyback a guidescope. see those pics for an idee.

P6076254.JPG P6076255.JPG P6076256.JPG P6076257.JPG P6076258.JPG [attachment=535:P6076260.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• P6076260.JPG

Clear Skies

Marco

LS6" Meade microfocuser zero image shift, Optec Pyxis LE De-rotator TS 2" dielectric diagonal Hyperion 2" 72° 36mm  TS 2" 70° 22mm TS 2" Barlow

Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 9mm, Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 4mm, Antares 6.3 focal reducer

Camera Olympus ZX1, EOS 1100D ZWO ASI 120MC

#3 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 09:38 AM

Hi Marco,
I knew that you present yourself, thank you. The problem is not the fixing of the guide tube at the LS6, but the wiring of Giudingcamera with the LS6? Which terminal of Guidingcamera is used (USB or ST-4)? Which port is used on the LS6? Specifically, how do I connect the Guidingcamera on LS6 so on PHD2 I can LS6 guiden that? How do I get ST-4 connection to the LS6?
I have installed the latest ASCOM Platform! Is that sufficient or what I need to have?
These are many questions, but I think it will not be the last. Thanks Marco!
When I'm done with my modifications to the LS6, I will report and also set images!
Greetings from Germany
Wolfgang

Clear Skies

Wolfgang

LS6 " Meade Zero Image-Shift Microfocuser, Mark III Hyperion Clickstop Zoom 8-24mm, Canon EOS 1100D, Sony DCS V3, Reducer Antares f / 6.3,

#4 Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:43 AM

Hi, 

I see, regarding the connection you just want to use the guide camera usb connection, NOT the ST-4 (which camera do you use?)

you connect the Guide camera with the USB cable to your Laptop or PC.

You connect the LS6" with the usb cable to the same laptop or pc.

You install the ascom platform 6 SP1 or the latest available.

IMPORTANT You install the ETX-LS-6" Beta driver you will find this driver in the files section of this yahoo group:

https://groups.yahoo...ups/ETX-LS/info

Do not use other drivers because they will not work, the above driver is the only one that I got the lot working.

(lots of info in this yahoo group)

Once the driver is installed, and the scope and the guiding cam and your imagining camera are connected.

You can start PHD2, and then connect to the guiding camera and the LS by choosing the correct drivers.

start then you capture programma, (I use Astro Photography Tools)  connect your imagining camera, the LS, 

you can connect also to your favorite Stellarium app with this ETX-LS6 beta driver, and enjoy!

Clear Skies

Marco

LS6" Meade microfocuser zero image shift, Optec Pyxis LE De-rotator TS 2" dielectric diagonal Hyperion 2" 72° 36mm  TS 2" 70° 22mm TS 2" Barlow

Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 9mm, Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 4mm, Antares 6.3 focal reducer

#5 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

Hi Marco,
Thanks for the answer. I have an account at Yahoo, but come with your link is on the ETX-LS Beta driver. No access to the file section!
What now?
greeting
wolfgang

Clear Skies

Wolfgang

#6 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:57 AM

Hi Marco,
is done! I downloaded the driver.
Where should these drivers are installed?
Thank you.
greeting
wolfgang

Clear Skies

Wolfgang

#7 Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

Hi Wolfang,

browse the same yahoo group, there are a couple of old treads that explain how to  install the driver.......

it is not difficult just have to follow the procedure...

I  think that the author of the driver give in one of the donloaded files te install instructions...

the instructions are to be found in the ReadMe file contained in the zip folder you downloaded.

Most probably you will have to change the register file a bit to make it working on your system....

this is one of them tread:

https://groups.yahoo...ons/topics/1007

Clear Skies

Marco

#8 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 01:54 AM

Hi Marco,
Thank you for the hints. I'll try it, am not sure if it eventually works sometimes. I'm still in the preparations for PHD2.
greeting
wolfgang

Clear Skies

Wolfgang

#9 fjhdavid

fjhdavid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 01:55 AM

Hello Marco,

I read your posts and installed with success the meade LS 6 beta driver and PhD2. I use also Backyard EOS which can handle Ascom drivers as well.

I found a mounting bracket for the LS-6, but I still have three questions:

1- Which camera and guiding scope did you buy?

2- Do you use a focal reducer?

3- What is the typical tracking error achieved in arcsec? the corresponding exposure time? and the pixel/arcsec resolution?

thanks

Francois

PS: Wolfgang, you have just to change the first line of register.bat and unregister.bat (in order to install and uninstall the driver on a 64bits system):

Set ASCOM=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ASCOM\Telescope\

#10 fjhdavid

fjhdavid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 01:17 AM

this thread is not read anymore?

#11 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 30 November 2016 - 11:09 AM

Hi Francois,

It is still active.  Not sure if the right people have read it.

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#12 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:57 AM

Thank you Bill

greeting
wolfgang

Clear Skies

Wolfgang

#13 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:42 AM

When you get a message that someone likes a post you made, they have clicked on the "Like This" button in the lower right of your post.  It simply means they liked what you wrote, but did not actually make a post themselves.

Hope this helps!

Bill

• gfamily likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#14 Wolfgang

Wolfgang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:15 AM

Thank you Bill for the Enlightenment! ;)  ::) 
greeting
wolfgang

Clear Skies

Wolfgang

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users