• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nucdoc

nucdoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:03 AM

I have had my LX850 for a year now, about 8 months ago I completed my PEC training with several updates and started to use Starlock ARC to allow me to fine tune the tracking for astrophotography.  It has worked perfectly with me able to guide 20 minute subs

In the last month the ARC process has been very slow and buggy (only able to complete on certain stars, much above 30 degrees)

In my last two sessions it does not complete at all, I spent 8 hours on my first clear nite in one month, to no avail.

I reset my handset twice, restarted the scope 4 times from home, and updated the starlock firmware 3 times.

Repeated the PEC update (again) no problem with that.

Also not problem slewing to new stars and finding them, the lights on the back flash appropriately

when I run ARC to complete the 33% DEC takes 15 min, then then next step 30 min, if it ever gets to 5% DEC I have left it on for one hour, and it never completes this step.

I tried 5 different stars, in 3 different parts of the sky, all the same problem

HELP !

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2780 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:52 AM

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Hopefully, someone with one of the LX 850s can help.  I use an LX 70 8 and a Lightbridge 12,  as well as some other manual scopes, so I can only sympathize.  I would suggest, that you call Customer Support at 1-800-626-3233 if you live in the US, or email them at customerservice@meade.com.

Hope this helps!

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 nucdoc

nucdoc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:19 PM

Not really sure I know why the following worked to solve this problem, but it did.

I had changed telescopes after my initial PEC training, even though I was careful to balance the new (smaller scope, initially I used a 12 inch ACF), I decided to delete all the old PEC training, and get new training, and then made several updates in different parts of the sky.

ACF now works, I changed nothing else since my first post.

Mark

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2780 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 26 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

Hi Mark,

What you are saying, about using two different scopes, I think I see some reasoning behind what you experienced.  Even though the second scope is balanced, the lighter scope does not have the same rotational inertia as the first scope.  As tight as the control range is that the scope is trying to maintain for imaging, that may be enough to throw off the drive training, etc.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users