No replies to this topic

#1 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2679 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:57 PM

As many of you know, I bought one of the LX-70 8 inch reflectors, which I really like.  I bought the little motor drive system for it which works well enough for my uses.

I am in the process of purchasing a used SkyShed POD and am waiting on approval from my HOA for it.  I have figured out that I can buy the thing anyway and simply run my HOA a merry chase with it.  Even if I ended up paying the maximum fines allowed in the covenants, it would still be cheaper than buying a brand new one.

I am thinking about setting up my LX-70 on the pier that is coming with the POD.  The 8 inch reflector, and I think any of the LX-70 optical tubes can be stored in the bays of the POD.  The eight inch reflector is really nice for a lot of things, but I am considering getting either the five inch refractor or the six inch Mak Cas for planetary viewing, but I am not sure if one of those would be massively better than the eight inch reflector.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there reading this that has used either the refractor or the Mak Cas.  If so, what are your impressions of them for planetary/lunar work?

Thanks,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users