#1 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationKillen, Alabama, USA

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:08 PM

Set the scope up on my homemade wedge for a trial run Sunday night. Got just a glimpse of the Eskimo Nebula before the moon came up and the clouds rolled in!  1 shot with Canon T5 at prime focus, ISO 800, 15 seconds.

Attached Thumbnails

• Eskimo Neb 1.jpg
  • Eskimo Neb 1 Crpd.jpg

• RickScofield and spiral like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2955 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:32 PM

That is nice.  Thanks for sharing!  I will be interested in how this works out when you have more opportunity.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:02 AM

I know this doesn't look like much but as you guys probably already know, this little guy is TINY!  Skies over North Alabama are supposed to be clear tonight so I am going to try and setup with the 2x barlow. (May have to miss Sheldon.) :D

#4 SBacon

SBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

OK, after piddling with my homemade wedge for an hour and still not achieving a good alignment, I pulled out the trusty Meade tripod and quit wasting precious viewing time.  Here's my second attempt at the Eskimo Nebula under beautiful clear skies in Northwest Alabama.  This is 15 10 second exposures stacked.  The second one of course is cropped.  I must admit I was not successful aligning the camera with the 2x Barlow lens and welcome any comments that might help me do this.  I first set up with the camera attached directly to the diagonal and centered the image as best I could.  Then carefully removed the camera, inserted the barlow then put the camera back. I know I will need to refocus but I could never find the little critter to try and focus!  Anyway, I didn't think this was too bad for a little 'ol 8" scope. ;)

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• Eskimo Neb DSS Iris.jpg
  • Eskimo Neb DSS Iris Crpd 3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users