#1 Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 02:28 AM

Good day,

After an HD crash I am trying to download and install the Autostar suite for my Meade LS6".

Unfortunately the link of the meade site for this download does not work.

does anyone have a valid link to download it?

thanks and best regards

Marco

Clear Skies

Marco

LS6" Meade microfocuser zero image shift, Optec Pyxis LE De-rotator TS 2" dielectric diagonal Hyperion 2" 72° 36mm  TS 2" 70° 22mm TS 2" Barlow

Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 9mm, Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 4mm, Antares 6.3 focal reducer

Camera Olympus ZX1, EOS 1100D ZWO ASI 120MC

#2 E Sully

E Sully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 05:34 AM

I tried a few times.  It seems like Meade's link is down.  Looks like you may have to wait.  Unfortunately you can't call to contact them on weekends.

I don't know if this will be of any help,  http://autostarsuite...es/default.aspx

#3 Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 06:15 AM

Thanks for the link Sully,

I did found the original Cd with  the software on it, and I managed to copy it to USB on another PC and then install in the laptop.

unfortunately I still cannot get it to communicate with the LS6" 

Yet...

Clear Skies

Marco

LS6" Meade microfocuser zero image shift, Optec Pyxis LE De-rotator TS 2" dielectric diagonal Hyperion 2" 72° 36mm  TS 2" 70° 22mm TS 2" Barlow

Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 9mm, Omegron Cronus 1,25" 68° 4mm, Antares 6.3 focal reducer

#4 E Sully

E Sully

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 07:48 AM

I had to buy a Tripp-Lite Keyspan USB to serial port device to get my computer and ETX 90 to connect.  My older Belkin adapter would not connect with newer versions of Windows.

#5 Smetherling

Smetherling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:08 AM

I have the same problem. I have the CD but its from 2006, I think the version is 3.8 or something. Whenever i try to update my version, it says it cant connect to the internet. So i tried to download the new 5.5 suite version, but like said above the link is down.

Any ideas to get the updater work ?

#6 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:22 AM

I will pass on information that the Meade site link is not working.  After all the trouble they have had, I am not surprised that a few things don't work yet.

I also found that the AutoStar Suite 5.5 link does not work.  I will pass on that one as well.

As I understand things, the AutoStar Suite 5.5 will work with Windows 7, not sure about 8.  I don't think it will work with 64 bit versions of Windows.

The AutoStar Updater is supposed to work on Windows 7 and XP, but when they made the upgrade to Windows 7, it quit working on my personal XP machine even though it worked on all the XP machines they could fine in the Meade Office.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#7 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:51 AM

Marco,

Were you trying to download AutoStar Suite 5.5 or AutoStar Updater 6.0?  The AutoStar Suite 5.5 and AutoStar Updates links with the small letters are definitely not working, but the link for AutoStar Updater 6.0, with the big letters above the smaller links does seem to work. I just downloaded it.

Bill Steen

#8 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 09:07 AM

I received a reply back.  They are aware of the problem.  They are still in recovery from the hack a few weeks ago and that part has not been fixed yet.

Bill Steen

#9 Marco

Marco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:46 AM

Hi Bill,

it was AutoStar Suite 5.5.

by the way I gave up on the AutoStar Suite 5.5 that it isn't by the way a really useful program.....

Since I updated to win 10 my hacked drivers that  allow my astro software to communicatie with the  LS stopped working, so I was trying to see if the original would work.

Any way I found a fix to have the lot running under win 10, and it is simply to set the compatibility mode of the ETX_LS beta  driver to win 7

Problem solved :)

Clear Skies

Marco

#10 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

Thanks, Marco!

#11 Betty L Myers

Betty L Myers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:09 AM

I am having trouble with the ASU updater on a PC with windows 8.  It keeps giving me a "Runtime Error" It says "This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". Has anybody had this problem? .. I have look on the internet for    a fix but none worked..  Need Help..  Thanks..

#12 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2752 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 08:30 AM

The ASU is set up to work on Windows 7.  Not sure how well it will work on Windows 8 or 10.

Anyone with experience with this?

Bill Steen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users