4 replies to this topic

#1 M.ERIC

M.ERIC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:31 AM

Bonjours a tous,

Ma monture lx80 fonctionne bien pour l'instant mais en vous lisant je me pose des questions dont celle-ci :

est ce que meade propose des solutions pour les personnes qui ont des problemes dù à la fragilitée de la monture???

je vous remerci de vos reponses.

Eric

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:20 PM

Hello everyone,

My LX80 mount works well for now but reading you I'm wondering which one:

Meade is what provides solutions for people who have problems to fragilitée of the frame ???

I Thank You for your answers.

Had to use google translate.

I only speak english.Can you translate what problems you are having specifically??

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 M.ERIC

M.ERIC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:21 PM

Hello everyone,

I own a mount Meade LX 80 for two years and on the web I constantly looking for information on the progress Meade to have done it since release but in vain.

So I inscript on your site and there! Stunned! I see that people have plastic melt dù problems with the engine, the gears is also of plastic and possible breakages on other issues.

For these people the only thing they still have to do is to sell their horses to not lose too much money (but they lost anyway).

But in any case this Meade offers there any solutions for gents can repair their mounts without having to return their latter dù has its weight. ???

Me being from France I wonder how I'll do if it happens to me and in what context it repairs could you do this because for a simple update of the software I have 250 km to go.

I was a little long but can thank you for reading,

waiting for your answers.

Eric friendly

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:40 PM

Hello Eric,

Somehow, I have missed your posts and just now saw your request for information.  Most likely, there are not any updates on programming that would apply to your mount.  I am not familiar with the LX 80, but the software driving it should be the same as one of the other mounts.

If you did need to do an update, the most likely method would be to download a program called the AutoStar Updater, which can run on Windows 7.  With that program, you can download any update and save the file on your computer.  You do not want to download it straight to your scope because any errors in the download can paralyze your mount.  It would then have to be sent in to the factory to get it fixed, assuming that even they could fix it.

Most likely, any update in the program would only be minor and might not affect the operation of your scope at all.  Unless you have a specific problem that really needs attention the best thing to do is to not do any updating at all.

I hope this helps and I am sorry you did not get a reply any sooner.

Best Regards,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#5 M.ERIC

M.ERIC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:35 AM

Hello everyone,

Since the last time I logged on the site I happened to go ennuis.Pour in my garden I made a nomad power, on this one there are two taking one for the frame (12V) and one for the computer via a transformer (19v).

One evening doing trying I reversed connection of the frame (19V) to the frame and has not held. After testing different, it emerged that a platinum control panel is out of order, so contact Meade USA and France, where more than spare parts, he asked me to send me the frame that is in France.

The calculation is $ 900 round trip without insurance and $ 300 package .Today I am always in search of this board that operates the frame again, hence the question of the subject.

Eric cordially.

I was not able to connect before because I had lost my password .

traduction google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users