7 replies to this topic

#1 tchemaly

tchemaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:46 PM

I purchased a 2nd hand Meade Microfocuser for my 10" LX200 GPS. However the adapter ring, that allows the microfocuser to screw onto the LX200's rear cell port, is missing. Is it possible to purchase just this ring? In the manual the ring is denoted by a "B".

Kind regards

Tim

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:19 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Someone may know and can tell you, but the regular Meade folks read posts and respond only occasionally.

Your best bet for an answer will be to call Meade Customer Service at (800) 626-3233, in the United States, or email them at customerservice@meade.com.

Their hours are 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.

Hope this helps,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

Ill look at the manual in the morning to see what part mumber it is and call and see if they have one,If not ill go to my Observatyory and see if maybe I have a spare laying around i can sell you.

Mark

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#4 tchemaly

tchemaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:24 AM

Thanks Mark and Bill. I live in South Africa and unfortunately the official Meade importer in South Africa cannot even get a reply from Meade on this adapter ring :(

Kind regards

Tim

#5 tchemaly

tchemaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:15 AM

Hi Mark

Attached is the image of the micro focuser with the adapter ring marked as "B".

Thanks

Tim

Attached Thumbnails

• post-29461-133877669653_thumb.jpg

Kind regards

Tim

#6 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:00 AM

Tim,

I found the paper work on it last night when i woke up a few hours later.I did some online research.Ill head to the Observatory today and take a look at what I have in spare parts.I may have an extra ring in my parts supply.If I do NOT have one I know of a place who carries oddball parts for different things and I may be able to find something for you that will work for it.It may not be the original part and may need small modifications to work but it can be done.As I have all of the stuff here I can pre mesure and pre fit things to make sure it is what you need.All that ring does is screw on the rear cell and gives a place for the zero shift to sit on and a place for the set screws to tighten on so you dont booger up the rear cell threads.Im sure I can find something for you that will work wether it be the original part or a modified part.From research it would be about 30 bucks american plus shipping either way you go.Ill get beck later today with any info I find.One way or another we will get you hooked up.

Clear skies and please keep them hurricanes over there    lol

Regards

Mark

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#7 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:07 AM

Also sent off an E mail to Meade to see if this part can be purchased seperatly.I always look at all options for customers to give the best help and info I can...

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#8 tchemaly

tchemaly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:28 AM

Hi Mark thanks I contacted Meade and they send me a replacement part. Thanks so much for all the help.

Thx

Tim

Kind regards

Tim

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx200

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users