4 replies to this topic

#1 michaels

michaels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 07:28 AM

Good Morning to everyone.

I have a ton of questions I want to get off my chest, but first things first. I have a 6" ETX_LS telescope and it will not do anything at all. I turn it on and the hand controller lights up in red but, there is nothing on the screen. The scope doesn't move either.

I tried to download new software on a micro sd card, but I cannot get the asu to even recognize that their is an sd card in the slot and will not allow me to create an sd card, and the computer actually sees it in there. Also the library  is empty in ASU. I thought maybe something would be there for me to work with. I am unfamiliar with all this though.

I found the etx-ls_v1.2g.zip software and put it on the sd card myself and unzipped it. It looks like what should be running the scope, so I put the microchip in a mini adapter and inserted it in the telescope, then turned it on, and nothing happened.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting nothing out of the scope at all? and what I might do next to recover my telescope?

Sincerely,

Michael Semb

sembmichael@rocketmail.com

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:02 AM

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your scope. Unfortunately, with a totally non-functioning scope, there is not much we can do to trouble-shoot the problem. I suggest that you either call Meade Customer Support, if you live in the United States, at 1-800-626-3233, or email them at customerservice@meade.com.

You certainly have my sympathies, but there is simply not much we can do at that level. Meade can dig into the scope, figure out what has failed, and make a repair, without flying blind.

Good Luck and Best Regards,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 michaels

michaels

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for replying. I was afraid I might have to send it in to Meade for repairs. I thought I just might try to make it work on my own, but it truly doesn't respond at all, so I'm going to have to have ups box and ship it for me.

Thanks again Bill,

Mike Semb

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2767 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 08 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

Mike,

With the severe problem you are experiencing, I think you will be dollars and much frustration ahead to send it in.

Best Regards,

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2366 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:21 AM

With the issues you have explained you would be better off sending it in for repairs.There are so many things that can go wrong in the electronics on these along with sensors.I have worked on my LX200 a few times and they can be vary hard to trouble shoot with out the proper equipment.Things cam be from a bad or loose connection to a bad sensor to a bad chip and on and on.You would be better served to send it in for a complate service.The bonus of that is also you end up with a very good cleaning and aligning of the optics.

Good Luck

Regards

Mark

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users