4 replies to this topic

#1 Weasner

Weasner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:22 PM

Just noticed that all the LX600 models with X-Wedge are now listed as "discontinued".  I had planned to purchase a 12" LX600 with X-Wedge in January when I was scheduled to upgrade from my 8" LX200-ACF.  Any recommendations for an alternative wedge for a 12" LX600?

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2800 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hi Mike,

I looked on the Meade website and it says "Out of Stock" on everything with the X-Wedge.  Looks like tripod and all are different, compared to the LX 600 12 inch without the X-Wedge.  I am not sure if out of stock just means they are sold out of those until they make another run of them, or if it means they have really been discontinued.

I am sure you could have something machined to turn the regular LX 600 12 into an equatorial scope, but I do not see anything as a direct replacement for the X-Wedge arrangement.  The best bet is to call Customer Support and see if they have a recommendation or information about another production run of that scope setup.

That sure looks like a wonderful setup and I hope you can end up with one or something really similar.

Best Regards,

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 ShinySteelRobot

ShinySteelRobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:35 PM

A customer service manager at Meade (John) told me via email that the LX600 is in full production but Meade has discontinued the "package" with the wedge.

Meade now sells the wedge separately from the LX600.

#4 Weasner

Weasner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:03 AM

Thanks much.  Good to know.

#5 ecarfar

ecarfar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:12 AM

Mike, I just bought one (a 12") without the wedge but I'vew seen them offered with the wedge everywhere....I think it must've been a supply issue.  I understand Meade is low on the giant field tripods for them now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lx600

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users