• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jkhalaf

jkhalaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

I bought a new Audiostar contoller to replace the 497 that finally went kaput (more specifically, the LCD screen stopped working) and I noticed it shipped with firmware A3S5.  Of course, I get online to see if there is newer firmware, and when I launch AutoStar Updater 6.0, I check to see what the latest firmare version, and it shows A3S4.  It doesn't seem that the firmware avalable online has been updated to A3S5.  This makes me wonder if that was by design (is there an issue with A3S5 that would make it unavailable?  Should I downgrade?) ir is this a matter of Meade just not updating that system that makes it available for download on their end.

Does anyone have any input as to why there is a discrepancy/why A3S4 is the latest available controller firmware, while A3S5 has shipped on newer handboxes?  I've attached a screenshot showing the latest version as of 7/1/2015.  Thanks.

Joe Khalaf

audiostar.jpg

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

as far as i can see the A3S4 is the latest firmware for this scope.You may want to call meade on the toll free number to confirm as things may have changed recently without me knowing it.

Mark

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 jkhalaf

jkhalaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:02 PM

Thanks, Mark.  My handset shows A3S5, so I'll call Meade to try and figure out what's going on.

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:43 PM

I inquired for another person and was told the latest version is A3S5.  Most likely, the website has not been updated.

Bill Steen

• jkhalaf likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for checking Bill.Ill Have to see if i can find the firmware update someplace.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#6 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

Did anyone ever find this update? Its still A3S4 through the updater..

#7 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:14 PM

I let someone know the website did not have the latest version.  The problem is there is just one person covering a lot of territory.  I am sure the update is on the list.  Just don't know when the website will get that version.

I was told that the difference between A3S4 and A3S5 was very minor and not worth the risk of an update.

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users