#21 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2955 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

Rob,

I am not sure, but I think the ratios have more to do with tracking.  The recommendation is not to mess with those settings.

Hope the drive training helps.  If this is a new scope, there may be something that has to wear in.  The answer back was that there is no testing for something like that at that high of a speed.

Bill

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#22 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2955 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:27 PM

Rob,

Until you posted in answer to Rick's question(s), I did not know you had a 12 inch on that LX 90 mount.  In fact, I had not noticed that they had started selling the 12 inch in an LX 90 format.  Your jerk problem may be associated with the scope really being at the very upper limit of what the mount can take, if not over that limit a little.

With this knowledge, I suggest that you not manually run the mount at higher speeds.  I do not know that you can break anything inside the mount, but I do think there is a greater probability of something going wrong with the greater mass of the scope.

Bill Steen

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#23 wardr77

wardr77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:50 AM

Hi Bill,

Point noted, but scope is set to quiet slew for goto'ing, which means it moves much slower. 64x centering is still relatively slow for scope movement and I would have thought that should present no issue, even for a scope of this size. As mentioned in Ricks post it is the balance of the scope due to its front heavy nature that is most noticeable in this size.

Regards,
Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users