#1 spiral

spiral

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 24 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

I have been using my LX90 a lot since I received it..It has worked flawlessly and go to is spot on..It is just a joy to use..Very happy with it..

Planets were looking a little washed out, so I did a bit of collimation with the Duncan mask method and wow what a difference it made on planetary detail..It may still be slightly off a little..

So I finally got around to ordering a planetary camera..We had clear skys lastnight so I decided to try out the camera..I have alot to learn about the processing of the images..But for my first go, I think they turned out good..

Attached Thumbnails

• saturn4.jpg
  • jupiter13.jpg

• Mark Sibole, RickScofield and SBacon like this

#2 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:11 AM

Glad to hear you are having such a good time!

Please keep posting your results or experiences. It helps others.

Bill Steen
  • RickScofield likes this
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#3 RickScofield

RickScofield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationBellevue,Nebraska

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:48 PM

I knew that you that you would be happy with an LX90 and I agree it's a joy to work with. Like Bill said PLEASE share.
RickScofield

#4 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

I have the same optical tube in my LS 8. Even though my LS is a very smart scope that can do a lot of things, I think that optical tube put in the LX90 mount is one of the most versatile telescopes made. If you go far enough or spend enough money, you can find a scope in any direction that can beat it an that one particular thing. But as an overall package for doing a little of everything with one scope, the LX 90 8 inch is really hard to beat.

Bill Steen

#5 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:43 AM

Very nice images!

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#6 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:47 AM

Bill the LS will work great on planets and lunar with no issues at all.As for DSO imaging you will get field rotation under long exposures but in Envisage you can do a 2 star tracking to help guide or track on the dso to stack the centers correctly but you will loose some of the outside edges to field rotation.Your DSI  will work very good for planets and lunar with no problems at all.Generally I draw the box around the planet or feature of the moon and select auto stack.You can also save each image to BMP and stack in registax.If you look at all of my solar,Lunar and planetary images on my website they were all done with the dsi and envisage program.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#7 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2845 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 02:34 PM

Thanks, Mark!

I have my LS 8 stored right now, while we have some things going on at the house, plus I am in the process of getting new lenses in my eyes. Due to a bit of a limitation of some scar tissue and possible fogging of a membrane behind the lens in my left eye, it is taking a while. Will need some laser surgery after the whole thing heals up.

I will be retiring in a little over a year and I will not have constraints about how late I stay up any more. At that point, it is going to be "Look out sky! You are going to get viewed and imaged!"

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users