• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vstar1100cruzer

vstar1100cruzer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

I have had a Wedge on order for 2 months now from Scope City. Ordered 6-11 .......inquired about it on 6-18 this was the reply.................Dear Mr. Crowe,
Thank you for your patience.  This item is backordered from Meade.  We are awaiting it any day now – hopefully this week.
As soon as it is available, we will send it directly to you.  Thank you for your understanding and please let us know if you have any questions

ok waited ............inquired AGAIN on 7-17 and this was the reply .................Dear Mr. Crowe,
We sincerely apologize for the entire situation.  We are very dissatisfied with the delivery times of Meade product.  It is quite frustrating and annoying for us both.  I have been trying to talk to an actual person at Meade and have not had any luck the past few days. 
Brian, I want to make you happy and satisfy your order as soon as possible! Please allow me some time to figure this out.  If there are any alternatives that we can take, I will let you know of them.
Thank you very much for your understanding.

Is there another alternitive in getting the wedge I like to have? Some one please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 cannon

cannon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:26 PM

Iam sorry to here about your backorder. I ran across this many time until I wised up. I call to see if the item is in stock before I place an order. This is with anything I buy now. See if you can find one thats in stock else where and call the place you bought it from and ask for a refund. You need to call not e-mail!
Good Luck,
Terry

#3 John S.

John S.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 09:42 AM

It's a coincidence that I too am waiting for an LX90 wedge which was ordered a few weeks ago by my local dealer. Same problem. I find that dealers today, to keep their overhead low, essentially keep little in the way of stock, ,,even things like eyepieces and filters forcing the customer to wait a minimum of three weeks,.. I too have had to wait up to 3 months for an item from Meade to arrive. I was hoping to have the wedge for my holidays,...but noooo, didn't happen and i'm bck to work on monday, :'(
Luckily with the internet today it is a smple matter of "googling" and finding a dealer who has the specific item in stock. Even with shipping costs, I tend to come ahead if I buy it from ouside my province thereby saving on sales tax.
I have begun to do this routinely for everything I buy and will continue to do so in the future.

John
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users