11 replies to this topic

#1 Bhar940301

Bhar940301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:14 PM

I  received my 12" LX600 on Monday and was surprised that the owners manual,bolts to hold the finder to its bracket, autostar suite software, and hex keys were missing. I called Meade and was asked to email proof of purchase to Luis, which I did and now 2 days later I've had no response. Is this typical? I expected more urgency for that much money. I'm highly disappointed.            Benjamin

#2 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:08 PM

Sent John an E mail ill see if i can find out for you.My apologies for this happening.

Regards

Mark

• RickScofield likes this
Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

http://astronomy.qteaser.com

#3 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:50 AM

Your parts should be on the way to you.

Have a great day

Mark

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#4 Bhar940301

Bhar940301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

Thank you Mark, I received an email form Luis last night with the tracking information . I understand that things happen in packaging products. And I guess they also happen in  customer service from time to time, mainly I was frustrated. Thank you again.  Benjamin 

#5 Bhar940301

Bhar940301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

Well March 5th and nothing not an email or call. And on top of that the Email from Luis with the tracking information hyperlink doesn't work. Between this and the weather I just can't win.

#6 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

I don't know about shipping and tracking links, but I can certainly understand the trouble with the weather. This has been the winter of clouds, rain, and snow for me.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#7 Bhar940301

Bhar940301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:33 PM

Yeah Bill, and of course it's my weekend to work 7 to 7 and there is not a cloud in the sky and fifty degrees. The missing pieces are just icing on the cake,one  CS rep told me they were in the mail to me the 27th. Now on the 5th another CS tells me they are on their way to Irvine Ca.  So who knows when or if I will receive them.            Benjamin Hartman

#8 Bhar940301

Bhar940301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:35 AM

Meade's customer service is very frustrating. I cannot fathom why it would take 20 plus days to mail an owners manual to me. I received the software, finder bolts,and two small hex keys(not really 5/16th one I needed) but how could they not have a manual?  I hope I do not have any mechanical or electrical  problems if these simple things are any indication. I am beginning to regret buying this scope.      Benjamin Hartman

#9 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2809 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

Are you talking about a paper version of the manual? You should be able to download a digital copy from the www.meade.com website.

Bill Steen
Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#10 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:18 AM

You can download the manual from the mead site so that shouldnt be an issue really.

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#11 Mark Sibole

Mark Sibole

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2368 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:20 AM

http://www.meade.com...x600_manual.pdf

personally I prefer a digital copy  this way it dosnt get destroyed and i can print out any section i want to take out in the OBS or field with no worries if it gets damp or dirty

Mark Sibole
MTSO Observatory
Fife Lake, Mi.

#12 Bhar940301

Bhar940301

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

You are right about the manual and I have downloaded it. The one Meade finally sent me is of such poor quality it of little use. Haft of the illustrations are so dark you can't see what the lines are pointing at. Not to mention the gammer errors or the missing letters in words, such as fi xed, identifi ed, on/o. switch and my favorite, the finger prints on the cover. John said it is the correct and only manual they have for the LX600. I'm passed being mad now, it's so sad it's funny.          Benjamin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users