• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cmiller46

cmiller46

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

This "LX850" OTA (attached pix) was posted for sale on Cloudy Nights today.  It does not match anything I have seen before.  I own both a 10" and a 12" LX850 OTA and they do not match this unit's design.  The radius blocks appear to be the original LX800 radius blocks; not the newer, more robust radius blocks of the LX850 product.   But the big head scratcher is the MIRROR LOCK!  This appears to be the same mirror lock used on the LX200-ACF OTAs but the focuser appears to be the current LX850 dual speed focuser.  Seller says he bought it from OPT last spring.

Any body know what this is?

Charlie Miller

Attached Thumbnails

• StrangeOTA.jpg

#2 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

They added the mirror lock to the 14" (and maybe the 12" ?) last Fall or Winter so that seems right. I don't remember what the radius blocks look like on my 12" as it is permamently installed.

#3 MistrBadgr

MistrBadgr

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 2780 posts
  • LocationBroken Arrow, Oklahoma

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:42 PM

Don't know what it is, but other than the loose squiggly wire, it looks pretty nice!  I can't imagine why someone would want to sell something like that, unless they ran out of money to buy food with.

Bill Steen, Sky Hunters' Haven Observatory, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma

#4 P-Helen

P-Helen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

I have the 14" lx850 OTA and I have a mirror lock in the exact same place as in the picture. It seems correct. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users