• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 willbbwood

willbbwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 11:51 AM

Will this output power a typical Dew Shield heater controller?

#2 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationScottsdale, Arizona

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Only a guess, as the manual is really not very helpful here. The specs say 12vDC at 5-amps, maybe the output 12vDC is also 5-amps -- only a guess...

Not sure what amperage the dew heater needs...

LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

http://home.comcast....ie/astroweb.htm

#3 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

OK, not very helpful...

LX850 with 10" ACF OTA and Takahashi FS 60C OTA -- SBIG STT-8300M CCD with FW8G-STT Self Guiding Filter Wheel and SBIG AO-8 Adaptive Optics -- Camera Control and Image Calibration with Maxim DL/CCD Pro, Image processing with PixInsight, and final composition with Photoshop CS5

#4 willbbwood

willbbwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:50 PM

Heater requires 12Volt, 5 amp.  I guess I'll just have to use my volt ohm meter and measure.  I thought Meade tech support might have the answer.

Thanks for your help

#5 gspie

gspie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

I don't think they monitor this forum. Try calling them directly, they are usually pretty helpful on the phone.

#6 Meade

Meade

Meade Instruments

• Administrators
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Hey Willbbwood, I concur with your thinking this might be pushing things from a current draw standpoint and best bet is test your requirement under real world/worst case cold conditions. If anywhere near that quoted 5A limit we would recommend going with external source just to be on the safe side. 

Best Regards, 

John Piper

Customer Service Manager

Meade Instruments Corp. 

#7 willbbwood

willbbwood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 02:47 PM

John Piper,  Thanks for your advice.  Will play it safe and use external source.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users